We are the Dames and Knights Templar, Commandery of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The Edmonton Commandery is the sole and official representative body in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada) of the Grand Priory of Canada, belonging to the Ordo Supremus Militaris Templi Hierosolymitani (OSMTH), also known as the KNIGHTS TEMPLAR.
We have not received Priory status yet, and as such we are related to the Priory of St James in Toronto, under the Grand Priory of Canada, belonging to the Ordo Supremus Militaris Templi Hierosolymitani – OSMTH (SWISS REGISTRY CH-660-1972999-4).
We had our first Edmonton investiture on June 11, 2011 at the Holy Spirit Lutheran Church in Edmonton, Alberta. The glorious ceremony was presided by His Excellency, the Venerable Rev. Dr. Matthewman, Grand Prior of Canada.
“Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed Nomini Tuo da gloriam”.
Like the Knights Templar of old, we operate as a modern-day worldwide network of educated professionals in such widely diverse protocols as senior government officials, Members of the Diplomatic Corps, senior clergy, military officers, physicians and surgeons, engineers, historians, and humanitarian aid caregivers.
OSMTH represents many of the most respected and credible senior officials in their home nations, providing both a highly respected body of expertise, an influential voice to support commitment to the less fortunate of the world, and to promote the time-tested chivalric ideals of honor, honesty, civility, tolerance, care for our fellow man, and support for ecumenical religious faith throughout our individual nations and throughout the world community.
OSMTH holds accreditation as a United Nations ECOSOC NGO (In special consultative status no.19885) maintaining:
- Permanent missions in New York, Geneva and Vienna
- Permanent Delegations to the Department of Public Information, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, High Commission for Refugees, Office of Drugs and Crime, the Convension on Women and the Convention on Bio-Diversity
Further more the Order is an active partner of:
- The European Agency for Fundamental Rights
- NATO Confederation of Inter-Allied Reserve Officers
- Conference on NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations
- The International Peace Bureau (member),through which OSMTH serves as a nominating body to the Nobel Peace Prize Committee
- The International center for Religion and Diplomacy